May 24, 2017, 09:31:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Flossy Carter Reviews The Samsung Level Box Pro  (Read 1135 times)

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Flossy Carter Reviews The Samsung Level Box Pro
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »

One of the top tech bloggers and big bluetooth speaker fan, Flossy Carter got his hands on the brand new Samsung Level Box Pro which is available in europe and coming to the U.S. soon.  The speaker is the big brother of the Samsung Level Box and features 20 watts of power, UHQ Audio with 4 drivers and 2 passive bass radiators for great lower frequencies.  It's available in gold and black.  So what did Floss think of it?  Just take a look at the video above and remember if you want one you'll have to order it from overseas for now. 

JoeChemo

• View Profile
Re: Flossy Carter Reviews The Samsung Level Box Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
What did Floss think of it? That's kind of a redundant question because Flossy Carter is in no way objective. He's in advertising, that's all his videos are. So of course he loves it! In addition to vendor links, he even has a link to his paypal account so vendors can pay him for his work. It's his only and full time job, likely doesn't have the education or skills to obtain actual employment.

I got the Samsung Level Box Pro as a bonus gift for pre-ordering the Note 7 phone. Itís just a mediocre speaker in my experience, after having listened to it several times over the last few weeks. The speaker does have pretty good clarity at low volumes. But turn it up and it gets real harsh, real fast. Itís no good at all for rock music, but kind of works okay for mellow music at low volumes. I wouldnít use it much for music, but I can still use it for other things as an upgrade to my laptopís built in speaker.

Itís also quite heavy, weighing a couple of pounds, with a body made of thick metal. It would be like carrying a dumbbell around with you, not very practical. I would say the Samsung logo is the only thing premium about it. But unfortunately Samsung does not make good speakers, never has, because it's not part of their core business. It's not easy to get good music at a decent volume out of tiny little speakers. The previous version, the Samsung Level Box, got poor reviews and sells for a very cheap price on Amazon.

So there is an honest review by a real owner, and unlike Flossy's, mine is not paid.

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:43:58 PM »
Thanks for your post Joe and welcome to the forum.  So I wanted to ask you if you had any particular favorite bluetooth speakers and if so what do you think are the strengths/weaknesses of them.

JoeChemo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:05:49 PM »
The Samsung Level Box Pro does not compare with speakers made by companies that make speakers as their main business. I would say JBL or Bose depending on your taste, clarity versus warmth. I can't bring myself to recommend Bose because they practice retail price maintenance (price fixing).

But definitely ignore anything Flossy Carter has to say, his videos are basically infomercials.

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:23:05 AM »
I own a Charge 3 and I've heard Bose Soundlinks many times.  I would recommend you check out the iSoundbar.  For about $36 it blows the Bose away and is better than the JBL Flip and comparable with the Charge 3 in many ways.  While the bass is not quite as deep as the Charge 3 the 3d sound option gives it a stereo separation and openness that the JBL just can't compete with. 

http://bluetoothspeakerforum.com/index.php?topic=66.0

Another great budget speaker is the Xiaomi Mi.  Both of these by the way are highly recommended by ClavinetJunkie, who is one of the best bluetooth speaker reviewers on Youtube.  I own both the iSoundbar and the Xiaomi Mi and can attest they are amazing values and sound as good as speakers costing 2-3x as much.  The Xiaomi Mi will in particular shock you when you hear the full bodied sound...even bass...coming out of such a small, pocketable speaker.

https://www.zapals.com/original-xiaomi-micro-sd-aux-in-hands-free-stereo-pocket-1500mah-3-8v-bluetooth-speaker.html

* Bluetooth Speaker Polls

• Which is your favorite bluetooth speaker manufacturer?
  • Dot JBL
  • 4 (50%)
  • Dot Bose
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Ultimate Ears
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Anker
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Xiaomi
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Sharkk
  • 0 (0%)