April 27, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

collapse

Author Topic: A Bluetooth Speaker that stays connected  (Read 274 times)

ChiliBob

• View Profile
A Bluetooth Speaker that stays connected
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:17:46 PM »
I joined this forum to exchange some knowledge about the technology and seek a type of speaker that stays connected to BT always.  SO far I have bought and returned  5 small units because they all do the same darn thing; they shut off if no audio is transmitted.  I am looking for a speaker that I can use and move around with me to work in conjunction with an Echo Dot.  I am very hard of hearing so this becomes my remote voice for Dot as well as my alarm clock.  I am looking for a dot-sized speaker that will stay on (in idle mode) and play the alarm to wake me.  As most speakers turn off, they do not work in this way.  Does anyone know of a speaker that keeps the BT link active for hours or until the battery reaches a shut-down point?

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Bluetooth Speaker that stays connected
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
It's a bit more expensive but the Denon Envaya Mini that I have seems to stay on in idle mode as long as either my computer or phone are connected.  It can sit there for hours and not turn off as long as Bluetooth is connected or the battery dies.  The Envaya Mini is a great sounding speaker and considered to be on the higher end.  Price ranges from about $100 when it's on sale to the normal list of $149.   The one downside of the Envaya Mini however is that it doesn't have the greatest battery life...gets just a few hours when operating and some more when no sound is playing.  If you have it plugged in to the Echo or elsewhere though through it's microusb port it won't make a difference since it'll be getting power from that.

Another speaker that stays on til you turn it off that I own is the Music Angel, which I review on this site on one of the earlier pages.  It's about $26 and you can buy it on Amazon here:  https://www.amazon.com/MUSIC-ANGEL-Bluetooth-Technology-Diaphragm/dp/B01ERP05FI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1472711700&sr=8-4&keywords=music%20angel%20speaker&tag=vglnk-c1559-20
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:05:39 PM by Babyfacemagee »

* Bluetooth Speaker Polls

• Which is your favorite bluetooth speaker manufacturer?
  • Dot JBL
  • 4 (50%)
  • Dot Bose
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Ultimate Ears
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Anker
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Xiaomi
  • 1 (12%)
  • Dot Sharkk
  • 0 (0%)